08 July 2008

And I thought things couldn't get any better.

But they have. A fellow Fulbrighter, who I met during the conference call last week and who seems uber cool, just informed me that she is on my flight from Tokyo to Hanoi. She also told me that she has a friend in Hanoi who has offered to pick her up from the airport, and that this friend could give me a ride as well. (Or at least we could share a cab.) AND, said friend has additionally offered to show us around Hanoi before orientation starts. Pretty great, huh?

But then things got even more exciting. Shortly after talking with Becca, the girl with the hospitable friend in Hanoi, I received a comment on my blog from a woman who is going to Nha Trang on a Fulbright Lectureship Grant. Absolutely unbelievable. She won't be there until January, but it seems that we both will be working with the English department.

Whenever I feel like my luck can't get any better, it does.

Now I just need my luck to continue so that my VISA paperwork comes through in time. I guess there's nothing left to do but vagina-cross my fingers and wait.

No comments: