08 October 2008

Painfully honest

A Bangladeshi friend who lives in the building just came to see photos of my mother and sister--he's very excited to have new American friends in the form of my family members. I pulled out the small stack of pictures I printed before I left and let him look through him, explaining that some of the photos were a couple of years old. He then compared a recent photo of me to a one from 2 years ago. After careful observation, he announced that I was cuter back then because now I'm a little fat and then I was thinner. Ouch.

The strange part is I think I weigh exactly the same now as, if not less than, I did then. But at least I know I can count on him for an honest opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mallory,

I love you just the way you are.

Sincerely yours,
Fred Rogers

MISTER ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD.

mythopolis said...

Hi Mallory, just read this entry and I think it is funny as usual, and I totally am with Mr. Rogers. d