11 March 2009

New Place

When I move back to the US I'll also be moving into a new place! Sam just bought a condo in Nashville, and after weeks of transcontinental decorating, here's what he has so far. I think it looks fabulous.

Vintage formica table with original top, 6 chairs with original vinyl, and a leaf for hosting dinner parties :) 75 dollars. What a steal! And the TV is sitting on a vintage coffee table, obtained for a measly 50 dollars. Lovely! I hear the table might eventually be liberated to serve its true purpose, as Sam's dad is rumored to be building a TV cabinet of some sort.

New couch and chair (the latter of which might be relocated to the other side of the couch). Also got a crazy deal on these. Originally he described them over the phone as "teal and terry cloth"--thankfully that seems to be quite an inaccurate description :)

Relaxing after moving all that heavy furniture :)

afternoon light through the big window (corner unit = lots of light!)

new bed! night stands and dresser on the way.



These days I have such terribly mixed feelings about going back (in just over 2 months. yikes). Regardless of how sad I am about leaving--and I'm pretty damn sad--I'm still so excited about this! I've been so impressed with Sam in all of this, his style and his super bargain hunting skills that I didn't even know about! And many thanks to Dan Smith for supplying a truck and muscle power, and to Judi for all of her assistance and input :)

4 comments:

mythopolis said...

I think its going to be great! I will have to come back to your site later, since just now, there is only text, and photos are not appearing! Its fun to see the new place taking form....and a little sad to see his 'old' room breaking down! But, I am happy over all!

mythopolis said...

After several days of checking in, I still have problems seeing the pics...but it doesn't matter, it will be sweet to see you again, and have dinner in the condo with you two cute souls!

CR said...

I'm sad because the pictures didn't show up. But damn, Mal. I'm gonna be so glad for you to come home, even if you will be living in Nashville ;)
-Cel

Anonymous said...

It has been really fun, Mallory...but Sam is looking forward to finding fun stuff with you as well when you return to finish everything out....It all feels nice and cozy...safe and clean and COOL!....love and miss you, Judi